As a stallholder at a day on the square you will need to read, understand and adhere to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
1. As the event will be outdoors, each market stall must have a canopy or market umbrella.
if you do not have your own canopy, you will be required to hire one at your own cost. (See application form for further details).
if hiring a canopy, it is the responsibility of each stallholder to ensure that hired equipment is not damaged and is correctly packed down at the end of the event and returned to the designated holding area.
stallholders providing their own umbrella/canopy must ensure it is secured without risk to the general public.
2. a day on the square will not be liable to any stallholder/business with respect of any damage, harm, loss or consequential loss arising from any damage, deterioration, spoilage or loss by way of theft or otherwise of any product belonging to me/us and that I/we will remain solely responsible for the safe keeping and storage of such products. 3. While a day on the square provides power to some sites and every endeavor is made to provide continuity of supply, I/we acknowledge that a day on the square is not responsible for events outside their direct control eg. General power failure or surge and stallholder equipment tripping out the common earth leakage.
all electrical leads must be tagged by qualified tested every 12 months. In the instance that a stallholder chooses to use the services of a qualified electrician provided by the a day on the square on the day of the event at an additional charge of a per item price.
4. Tables must be covered by a tablecloth or similar, which must be clean and ironed.
the legs of trestle tables must be concealed.
5. All boxes, suitcases, packaging etc must be hidden from view and not impose on neighboring stalls. 6. Signage must be clearly visible and legible. 7. Display items must be confined to the allocated stall space. 8. You will be notified of the bump-in and bump-out times by a day on the square via email, closer to the event date. We ask that all items required for your stall are delivered or collected within these times. Large stalls may be required to bump-in or out at specific times, nominated by a day on the square. Pack up before the conclusion of the event (4pm) is not permitted. 9. Items such as trestle tables, table cloths, clothing racks, mirrors and change rooms must be provided by the stallholder. These items are the stallholder’s responsibility. 10. The sole responsibility of sale of items rests with the stallholder. 11. Stallholders are responsible for facilitating payment for items at their stalls. 12. Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must notify the event manager and have a suitable fire extinguisher or fire blanket on site. 13. Stallholders are responsible for removing waste, rubbish, materials and liquids from the site at the end of the event, leaving their site and surrounding area clean & tidy. Boxes & cartons must be removed from market area. Please do not use the venue’s public bins. 14. If the site is not left clean and tidy there may be a site cleaning and waste removal fee charged to the stallholder which will be the equivalent of the stall fee. 15. It is essential for all stallholders to have a current Public Liability Insurance certificate to ensure the compulsory $10 million Public Liability Insurance cover for conducting business outside normal premises is adhered to. You will be required to send a copy of your insurance plan with your application. If you do not possess Public Liability insurance you will be exempt from the application process. 16. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure they conform to any Australian standards pertaining to their items. a day on the square accepts no responsibility for any trademark, copyright or safety infringement. 17. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to trade in accordance with these terms and conditions, ACT and Local Shire regulations and legislation. 18. a day on the square accepts no responsibility for damages to persons or goods. 19. The images provided as part of the application form will be used by a day on the square for promotion purposes. 20. a day on the square will provide you with graphics for promotion of the event. We ask that you use these graphics to promote the event through your website, social media or other online presence. 21. a day on the square will promote your business through our website and other social media channels. Selected stalls will be promoted through our blog on a weekly basis in the lead up to the event. Your business may be promoted through other social media sites. 22. We encourage stallholders to display signage and have business cards available for customers. 23. Stallholders are not permitted to transfer, sublet, and franchise or sell their stall space to any other person or business. 24. Payment must be made in full, prior to the event, in order to participate.
once payment has been made in full no refunds are permitted. There is no rollover credit for the next market date.
once full payment has been received, written notice is required if you are unable to attend.
in the event of extreme weather, a day on the square may decide to cancel or postpone the event. In this instance, stallholders will be refunded the cost of their stall, less the administration fee which is calculated at 20% of the stall cost.
25. a day on the square reserves the right to cancel the application and associated right to trade of any stallholder in dispute with a day on the square or any persons.
right to trade will be only reinstated if the dispute is resolved to the satisfaction of a day on the square management.
a day on the square does not accept any responsibility for costs incurred by any stallholder in dispute with a day on the square (this includes advertising, accommodation and equipment hire) if the offer to trade at a day on the square has been withdrawn.
26. a day on the square has the right to reject any stallholder who, in the opinion of a day on the square management, does not comply with the stated safety and consumer regulations and these terms and conditions.